Witch Grass Coven|
[Most Recent Entries]
Below are the 20 most recent journal entries recorded in
Witch Grass Coven's LiveJournal:
[ << Previous 20 ]
[ << Previous 20 ]
|Sunday, October 8th, 2006|
|Wednesday, October 4th, 2006|
This all from kids
Keisha said that little Aidan texted her and told her they ran out of gas and have no money....somewhere past Idaho or something.........
Big and little Aidan
Your dream Robin!
They got pulled over because the van fell forward, I guess it wasn't tied down properly or something.....So they had to call a tow truck to securely tie the van the right way, I guess they got a ticket.....This is all second party news......
SOMEONE said she would call, but I haven't gotton a call yet...... Current Mood: tired
|Tuesday, October 3rd, 2006|
Saturday is coming fast. Ritual will be at 7 pm at Jim and Cathi’s house. Please bring snack or finger foods for all to enjoy. Dress warm as this will be an outdoor ritual, so this gives us a good excuse to wear those cloaks. The weather looks to be good and Jim and Cathi have a great outdoor space. Please attend since the ritual will be to celebrate the new beginning of our Coven.
Jim, I will need you to be High Priest. I will send you a copy of the ritual as soon as I get it typed up tonight. I think you will like it. You will need your sword and one of the gongs you have. The ritual is not a Nroogd ritual but it comes from my heart.
There will be a board meeting for the elders to discuss training and such at 4 pm. I will be sending out the agenda tonight so let me know what you want to see on it or you can wait and we can add to it later.
|Sunday, October 1st, 2006|
I talked to C and J has to work on Saturday so we will have the ritual at their house. R, can you meet us at C's house at 4 for the elder meeting? Ritual will be around 7 after J get home. I just want to make sure we are all there for this first ritual.
Ritual focus for Sept 7th full moon
I would like us to focus the energy of the ritual toward new beginnings. This will be our first ritual with the new coven. I will be writing the ritual tonight and will let you know what is needed. In the mean while start focusing and meditating toward new beginnings. I hope to see you all there.
|Saturday, September 30th, 2006|
Full moon on the 7th
Ok let me know if this is ok with all of you.
Full moon at Robin's house. If that is ok with you.
I was thinking 1 pm for the business meeting. (Elders only)
3pm for ritual. If these times are too early we can change them.
I will be doing the ritual, so Robin all I will need is the space. If it is nice I would like to do it outside. If I need someone to help I will let them know.
I will send out an agenda to the elders this week and also will let everyone know the focus of the ritual.
|Tuesday, September 26th, 2006|
I also forgot. I was talking to a friend on the boat. He and his wife both work for IRS, which is how I met him. Anyway, we were talking about renfaires and such because they are in the SCA. So he showed me him pendant he bought at the renfaire. It was a pentagram. I noticed when he showed it to me that his hand was a little shakey. Come to find out him and his wife have just started to study Wicca, actually all they have is a Silver Ravenwolf book. No, Cathy, I didn't make fun of it. They also have a 15 year old that wants to learn.
I would like to bring them to a ritual after I get back. John was really surprised that I offered, he acted even more surprised that I said the kids were welcomed too. So we can work that out when I get back. In the meantime, I'm going to look through my books and see what I can lend them.
I really hate to start planning things before our beloved HP & HPS even leave the state, but are we doing full moon on the 7th? If so who will host, who will lead the ritual and do we want a business meeting before hand to talk about stuff? Also what time for everything?
|Monday, September 25th, 2006|
I moved the handfasting photos to the private coven gallery, password is witchgrass. The password for the women's group is witch.
I also updated the boys' gallery.
I need to get all the discs together that have coven pctures and make copies. Current Mood: tired
|Sunday, September 24th, 2006|
I was looking at the profile page for this group and we need to do a few things. And yes you can tell me I'm bossy.
The email address needs to be updated since it is Melinda's. I was thinking maybe we could get a gmail address for the coven and then we could all have the password to check it. I just like gmail better than Yahoo because you don't get a lot of spam.
Cathi, you did such a good job with the women's group page, could you jazz this one up too?
Last thing is the website, it needs updated and maybe moved eventually. After the new year I am going to get my own domian for a new photo page, I get one for the coven at that time too, since you usually get another domain at a good price or free with the first one. That way I can set up some locked pages for coven happenings and a coven diary and calender. Melinda & Aidan can keep up with the coven stuff that way.
Let me know what you think.
|Monday, September 11th, 2006|
Could you please add me as a moderator.
Since you are flying the coop. Current Mood: contemplative
|Saturday, July 29th, 2006|
Stolen expressly for melinda_kelly
Hat tip to twistedcat for a little bit of humor, crossposted
The Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Casserole
To prepare for this ritual, clear a space for the circle in the center of the kitchen. Then don your ceremonial apron and hold your ceremonial spatula in your right hand. Stand in the center of the circle and face east. You are ready to begin:
1.. With your spatula, draw a banishing pentagram to the East. Then, thrust your spatula through the pentagram and say, "Microwave dinners, be gone!"
2.. Move to the South. Again, draw a banishing pentagram and thrust your spatula through it. "TV dinners, be gone!"
3.. Move to the West. Draw the banishing pentagram and thrust your spatula through it. "Ramen instant noodles, be gone!"
4.. Move to the north. Draw the banishing pentagram and thrust your spatula through it, "Mystery meat in a can, be gone!"
5.. Move to the center of the circle and stand still. Chant the following:
Before me, Martha Stewart.
Behind me, Betty Crocker.
To my right side, Julia Child.
To my left side, Martha Stewart, AGAIN!
6.. Visualize yourself standing in a giant casserole and proclaim, "For about me bakes the casserole, and around me shines the 6-course meal."
7.. Clap your hands three times and say, "It's a good thing."
The rite is over.
If the ritual is not effective, please order take-out ASAP. Current Mood: amused
|Friday, July 28th, 2006|
Labor Ready Corporate Office
Basic Function: Reporting directly to the Employee Services Manager, this individual will be responsible for the maintenance of permanent employee files. Labor Ready currently has over 3,000 permanent employees.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Maintaining all permanent employee files.
· Employee file creation for new hires and making certain all required information has been forwarded to the Personnel Department for all files.
· Maintaining active and inactive I-9 files.
· Filing all additional paperwork as received from payroll and personnel.
· Providing confidential information on file contents to authorized personnel.
· Distributing files to authorized corporate personnel.
The ideal candidate will possess the following experience:
· Minimum of two years extensive file maintenance experience; preferably in the HR/Personnel setting.
· Ability to work independently and with minimum supervision.
· Extremely detail oriented.
· Outstanding customer service skills.
TO APPLY: Submit your resume to:
Attn: Recruitment Specialist
Re: Administrative Assistant
|Tuesday, July 25th, 2006|
I am taking from now until the end of August off as a well needed break. Talk to you all in September.
|Sunday, July 16th, 2006|
How are you guys all doing?
Long time no see..........
Are you all ready for Summer Star?
Ahhhh well enjoy your day!
|Tuesday, July 4th, 2006|
I have got the photos that are already on the website edited, they are under the gallery labeled private. The password is witchgrass.
I will be working on it to update all my galleries. I will let everyone know when I am done.
|Sunday, July 2nd, 2006|
Got this off of kitchenwitchery
Disclaimer by Amber: Take not not to swallow too much peroxide...too much can make for a lot of pain.
(This was written by Becky Ransey of Indiana)
"I would like to tell you of the benefits of that plain little old bottle of 3% peroxide you can get for under $1.00 at any drug store. My husband has been in the medical field for over 36 years, and most doctors don't tell you about peroxide, or they would lose thousands of dollars."
1. Take one capful (the little white cap that comes with the bottle) and hold in your mouth for 10 minutes daily, then spit it out. (I do it when I bathe )
No more canker sores and your teeth will be whiter without expensive pastes. Use it instead of mouthwash. (small print says mouth wash and gargle right on the bottle)
2. Let your toothbrushes soak in a cup of "Peroxide" to keep them free of germs.
3. Clean your counters, table tops with peroxide to kill germs and leave a fresh smell. Simply put a little on your dishrag when you wipe, or spray it on the counters.
4. After rinsing off your wooden cutting board, pour peroxide on it to kill salmonella and other bacteria.
5. I had fungus on my feet for years - until I sprayed a 50/50 mixture of peroxide and water on them (especially the toes) every night and let dry.
6. Soak any infections or cuts in 3% peroxide for five to ten minutes several times a day. My husband has seen gangrene that would not heal with any medicine, but was healed by soaking in peroxide.
8. Fill a spray bottle with a 50/50 mixture of peroxide and water and keep it in every bathroom to disinfect without harming your septic system like bleach or most other disinfectants will.
9. Tilt your head back and spray into nostrils with your 50/50 mixture whenever you have a cold, or plugged sinuses. It will bubble and help to kill the bacteria. Hold for a few minutes then blow your nose into a tissue.
10. If you have a terrible toothache and cannot get to a dentist right away, put a capful of 3% peroxide into your mouth and hold it for ten minutes several times a day. The pain will lessen greatly.
11. And of course, if you like a natural look to your hair, spray the 50/50 solution on your wet hair after a shower and comb it through. You will not have the peroxide burnt blonde hair like the hair dye packages, but more natural highlights if your hair is a light brown, faddish, or dirty blonde. It also lightens gradually so it's not a drastic change.
12. Put half a bottle of peroxide in your bath to help rid boils, fungus, or other skin infections.
13. You can also add a cup of peroxide instead of bleach to a load of whites in your laundry to whiten them. If there is blood on clothing, Pour directly on the soiled spot. Let it sit for a minute, then rub it and rinse with cold water. Repeat if necessary.
14. I use peroxide to clean my mirrors with, and there is no smearing which is why I love it so much for this.
15. (By anchasta To induce vomiting in a household pet (even as small as teacup chihuahuas) Give two teaspoons to pet every two hours until swallowed object is vomited. Works very well, even with getting antifreeze out of their bellies!
I could go on and on. It is a little brown bottle no home should be without! With prices of most necessities rising, I'm glad there's a way to save tons of money in such a simple, healthy manner.
Missed placed shirts
I seem to have missed place a bag of white tee shirts, could stardragan and Melinda please check for me and let me know if you have them. I would like to decorate them later. Please let me know if you have them. Current Mood: annoyed